What will you do?
When on a project with us, you’ll integrate an agile environment, and be responsible for developing end-to-end solutions with our clients. You’re expected to contribute not only with your technical skills but also to share knowledge within the team. You will be involved in different types of projects (one at a time), working on a full-stack perspective, doing front-end and/or back-end according to the needs.
This is a fully remote position, so you can work from wherever you’d like, as long as you are based in Europe and are able to work in a similar time zone (GMT +/- 2 hours). This is a contract/freelance position, if you’re only interested in a permanent role please apply here.
Depending on the needs of the project, you might be asked to attend some onsite client meetings or workshops, so you need to be able to travel abroad (all expenses will be covered). We also get together from time to time and you will also be invited for all social EE events.
- Great work-life balance - we trust people to responsibly manage their schedule, working at times that suit their personal needs and the team
- A truly remote-first culture
- No line-management, with a lot of autonomy and empowerment
- Work with like-minded senior practitioners, allowing you to grow, learn and share
- Diversity of projects with different challenges and tech stacks
- Strong maturity in agile delivery
- You’re able to take other work outside of Equal Experts realm if you find it yourself and still stay within the EE network for future challenges - we’ll welcome you back at any time!
- Be part of a community of hundreds of senior professionals and have access to EE internal blog, events and referral scheme
- Solid technical background, with extensive experience in a similar role and in one or more languages of choice
- Practical experience and enthusiastic about agile practices
- Solid experience working with Functional or Object-Oriented Programming
- Willingness to learn new technologies and move between different tech stacks
- Experience with unit testing frameworks and willingness to work in a test automation environment
- Capable of conveying ideas and break down concepts clearly to a diverse range of stakeholders (verbally and written)
- Adaptable, comfortable switching contexts and dealing with ambiguity
- Low-ego, empathetic, with a “grown-up” attitude
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Available to travel abroad for periods of 1-2 weeks
Nice to have
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Experience in client-facing roles
- Experience with Pair Programming, TDD, CI/CD
- Familiarity with cloud-based technologies and with a DevOps/Operability mindset
Equal Experts is an award-winning IT Professional Services Consultancy, with over 700 people working in the UK, US, Canada, Portugal, Germany, South Africa, India and Australia.
We believe happy teams make better software, and we take as much pride in our people, culture and work-life balance as we do in our output. Collaborative, entrepreneurial and dedicated to problem-solving, we help our clients improve their end-to-end capability.
We are fully remote in Portugal. We are passionate that all team members are empowered to succeed and deliver value no matter where they are located.
We are tech agnostic and we will use the best technology to solve the client’s problem. Here are some examples of what we’ve used in the past: Node.js, Java, TypeScript, React.js, Scala, Clojure, Ruby, Kotlin, Python, C#, Vue.js, AWS, Azure, Docker, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Kubernetes, among others)
- Hands-on Delivery of work that adds real value
- Continuous Delivery, automated whenever possible
- Constant Learning and self-improvement
- Responsible Innovation, results come first
- Genuine Collaboration, a low-ego working environment
If you are interested in learning more about remote working, we have gathered our learnings in this playbook.