About Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF)
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost, long-term loans, combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
To date, EFF has committed over $200 million to schools serving more than 25,000 students, providing them with funding to amplify their impact. Recently, EFF recapitalized on the bond market, allowing us to scale our fund significantly over the coming months and years.
If you’re seeking to have community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The Strategy Manager will play a critical role in facilitating EFF’s growth as we strive to transform capital access for schools and communities. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the role will prepare key analyses, materials, and recommendations for EFF leadership and various stakeholders. This person should possess superb analytical skills as well as an exceptional ability to synthesize and communicate data and information. The ideal candidate will be deeply invested in EFF’s mission and thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The Strategy Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing Materials and Communications: Represent the voice, vision and mission of EFF for various audiences and purposes. Depending on the audience, materials may demonstrate informative analysis and/or inspirational, mission-aligned content. Will play a leading role in materials creation for board, funder, and investor meetings.
- Supporting Fund’s Strategic Direction: Facilitate the trajectory of a fund determined to provide equitable financing for many more schools and communities across the country. Work with leadership to plan EFF’s long-term strategy and capital structure. Perform quantitative and qualitative analyses to generate recommendations.
- Coordinating and Executing Special Projects: Support and track the execution of disparate projects that will contribute to sustainable fund growth. Projects may range from external financing initiatives to internal systems refinement.
- Managing Impact Dissemination Efforts: Collaborate with EFF team and external partners to develop and implement a marketing plan to support loan pipeline development and fundraising activities. Coordinate production of collateral and materials that demonstrate EFF’s impact and thought leadership in education and financial services sectors. Manage website and social media channels and assist in procuring strategy-aligned press opportunities.
- Team Culture and Development: Support internal office culture and the development of a best-in-class team. Help plan team building activities, including semi-annual team off-sites.
- At least three years of professional experience in consulting, investment banking, venture capital, private equity, or nonprofit finance.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or related field is highly preferred.
- “Must Love Schools” -- passionate about the education sector. Experience supporting education or other nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Outstanding communications skills and experience composing materials - including PowerPoints and written summaries - for key external stakeholder audiences.
- Exemplary analytical and writing skills.
- Highly organized and strategic thinking.
- Self-starter with experience working in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with the Google suite of applications (Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines.
- Unyielding commitment to EFF’s mission, team, and school partners.
- High degree of integrity and authenticity and a good sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We are proud to offer excellent benefits.
New York City
The Strategy Manager will report to the Chief of Staff.