About Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF)
Equitable Facilities Fund (EFF) is a nonprofit social impact fund that’s on a nationwide mission to help high-performing charter schools spend more money on students and less on the costs of borrowing for their facilities. We offer school leaders simple and much-needed access to low-cost, long-term loans, combined with support from an expert team that has walked in their shoes.
To date, EFF has committed over $200 million to schools serving more than 25,000 students, providing them with funding to amplify their impact. Recently, EFF recapitalized on the bond market, allowing us to scale our fund significantly over the coming months and years.
If you’re seeking to have community-level impact on a national scale, apply to join our team!
The Operations Coordinator will play a critical role in facilitating seamless, productive day-to-day operations in EFF’s New York office. The Operations Coordinator will also serve as an Executive Assistant to EFF’s CEO. This person should be highly organized, adept at anticipating the needs of the team, and committed to delivering outstanding customer service. The ideal candidate will be deeply invested in EFF’s mission and possess exceptional communication skills.
Office & Operations Support:
- Maintain professional office functionality and appearance; recommend and implement systems to improve overall efficiency of the office.
- Liaise with building management and all external vendors to support operations with a willingness to troubleshoot any challenges that arise.
- Coordinate office technology support with external IT vendor.
- Procure and organize inventory of office supplies.
- Manage team calendars and provide regular updates to the Chief of Staff on team travel and workflows.
- Support operational onboarding of all new hires, including technology, building access, HR form collection and new hire workstation setup.
- Assist in the development of marketing and communications materials to be utilized with EFF external stakeholders.
- Regularly update EFF’s website and social media channels.
- Maintain organization-wide contact database.
- Coordinate and support special projects that will contribute to EFF’s future success.
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to the CEO and Senior Leadership Team both in professional and select personal matters.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar of activities.
- Respond promptly to CEO-directed inquiries and assist the CEO and Chief of Staff with schedule prioritization.
- Research, book, and coordinate travel for the CEO and other team executives.
- Manage expense filing and processing for the CEO and other team executives.
- Organize team events, holiday celebrations, social events, and staff-wide retreats.
- Collaborate with EFF teammates to develop and implement initiatives that promote a positive working atmosphere and EFF’s mission and values.
- 3+ years of overall professional experience. Experience in education, finance, and/or philanthropy settings preferred.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Self-starter with experience working in an evolving, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills: must be able to interact effectively with all levels of organization and with org partners and funders.
- Proficient with the Google suite of applications (Mail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.) and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Ability to produce high-quality work products under tight deadlines.
- Strong customer service orientation and ability to collaborate across functional areas.
- Highly detail- and team-oriented.
- “Must Love Schools” -- the ideal candidate will be passionate about the education sector.
- Unyielding commitment to EFF’s mission, team, and school partners.
- High degree of integrity and authenticity and a good sense of humor.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. We are proud to offer excellent benefits.
New York City
The Operations Coordinator will report to the Chief of Staff.