WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We are the MetaHuman team at Epic, the humans behind MetaHuman Creator and Animator. We work tirelessly to improve high fidelity characters in Unreal Engine while making those technologies accessible to everyone. With our MetaHuman Product, we enable the creation of photorealistic digital humans and mapping of human appearance and behavior onto realistic but also stylized characters. All of this is critical in populating the metaverse.
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Senior Director of Engineering role, a gaming or VFX industry veteran with a strong hands-on experience, to join our engineering team. As a part of the MetaHuman team, you will be representing and leading the engineering group, helping it to grow, improve, plan and prioritize work. At the same time, you will become a part of MetaHuman leadership group, where you will be setting and planning MetaHuman product vision, actively participating in decision making, and messaging big picture across multiple groups.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate individual with experience of working with realistic characters in games or other interactive experiences. Someone who is excited about pushing the limits of what’s possible through applying state of the art research and best engineering practices to build a set of tools that will transform how content gets created and Metaverse populated with relatable characters.
In This Role You Will
- Lead a team of engineering, to whom you will be communicating vision, setting priorities and mentoring.
- Work hands-on with engineering groups across different departments, brainstorming, architecturing solutions, helping in decision making and similar.
- Work closely with the MetaHuman leadership group, building and shaping MetaHuman product vision.
- Play an active role in proposing, setting up, executing and delivering on new initiatives.
- Be a point of contact for cooperation with other Epic teams and initiatives.
- Provide inputs into the product road map, including milestone schedules and deliverables.
- Be accountable for maintenance and improvement of good engineering practices.
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience in the industry, leading big projects and teams.
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and Python programming languages.
- Strong engineering background, with advanced understanding of software architecture, design principles, data structures and algorithms.
- Significant and relevant industry experience, such as game development, computer graphics or VFX with a focus on digital characters.
- Great communication skills, verbal and written, with experience of working in a fast paced environment with cross disciplinary teams.
- Knowledgeable about the state of the art research from the field.
- Experience leading large teams distributed across multiple countries and time zones.
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience working with Unreal Engine.
- Experience working with ML.
- Advanced mathematical skills and ability to have high level conversation with research teams.
- Agile and product oriented mindset
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.