WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Senior Tax Manager to oversee Epic’s global tax provision & US tax compliance. You will work with a dynamic and fun tax team in a challenging and ever changing environment.
In this role, you will
- Be responsible for guiding the tax team to compute the global tax provision (ASC#740) annually and quarterly.
- Lead the provision process by creating detailed plans for timing and delegation of the preparation & review of Epic’s quarterly and annual consolidated tax provision
- Oversee preparation of the domestic provision utilizing ONESOURCE Income Tax Provision (OTP) software
- Review of the global tax provision working with the domestic and international tax teams
- Reconcile domestic income tax payable accounts and deferred tax attributes
- Manage US income tax compliance, including planning and coordinating with tax team to timely file Epic’s US annual corporate income tax return as well as state returns, estimates and extensions
- Effectively manage co-sourcing relationship and timeline plan with external accounting firm
- Prepare certain portions of the federal and multi-state tax returns and complex tax calculations such as depreciation, amortization, stock-based compensation and accrued liability analysis
- Review calculations, statements, forms and returns (e.g., 1120, 4562, 4797, 8594, Schedule M-3, etc.)
- Manage federal, state and other jurisdictions tax audits
- Stay current with any new pronouncements, law changes to ensure calculations and footnote are in compliance with US GAAP
- Research tax implications of new business lines, acquisitions, and accounting policies
What we're looking for
- 6+ years of relevant income tax experience with large multinational company and/or public accounting firm
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, Master’s Tax or Accounting preferable
- ASC#740 and US GAAP knowledge a must
- Familiarity with ONESOURCE Tax Provision
- Experience with Workday ERP and Alteryx a plus
- Strong communication, analytical and technical skills
- Hands-on, flexible and a team player able to function in a fast-paced, agile environment
EPIC JOB + EPIC LIFE = EPIC BENEFITS
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.