WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - GAMES
What We Do
Unreal projects have been leading the pack of real-time entertainment with our constantly growing team of engineering experts. We’re always improving on the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Principal Engine Programmer to help build the core technology for a new game in the Epic ecosystem.
Using the tools and pipelines of Unreal Engine, you’ll work on all aspects of the core engine technology behind a cutting-edge game experience. Most importantly you’ll work with a creative, energetic, and fun team to bring a brand new game experience to players around the world!
In this role, you will
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the Core Game Tech team
- Design and implement new engine runtime features for the game, and the Unreal Engine itself
- Design and implement APIs and supporting tools as required by the demands of the project
- Analyze and optimize both memory and performance in systems that have to scale from high-end to mobile systems
- Contribute to the broader design and implementation of the whole project
What we're looking for
- Excellent C++ experience, and familiarity with scripting systems like Blueprint, Lua, Python, etc.
- Experience in a broad range of engineering areas on shipping games or real time visualization systems, with special attention given to low-level code and deep optimization
- Well-versed in software engineering principles
- Experience in a cross-disciplinary development environment with excellent communication skills. You should be able to communicate and explain trade-offs with non-engineers!
- Experience with an existing game engine and editor concepts. UE4 or UE5 would be nice to have
- Fearless attitude to making deep and profound changes to an existing engine to provide paradigm shifting improvements that change the world
- Experience developing in a large codebase at a fast pace, making trade-offs between usability, performance, and power
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.