WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Web Engineers at Epic impact a diverse set of initiatives from end to end. These range from the Epic Games Store (here’s our public roadmap) to Fortnite social experiences; in-game features, and web applications supporting all kinds of community, marketing, and events content.
We also build a variety of products that support other developers, from internal initiatives to third party teams worldwide. These include web portals for core platform services, marketplace and eCommerce applications, and beyond.
In this role, you will
- Use your hands-on expertise in developing web applications at a large scale, including making architectural choices, selecting programming languages and frameworks, and implementing them.
- Showcase your familiarity with industry-standard web engineering practices and guidelines for the entire web development process, including coding standards, code reviews, version control, building, testing, deployment, and monitoring.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders, including users, technical teams, and management, to gather requirements, and explain technical designs / features.
- Collaborate with team members to assess technical viability, test new technology and explore design options.
What we're looking for
- Passion for crafting secure, scalable, and highly available web applications
- Experience architecting and leading innovative, complex web projects
- Experience collaborating with a variety of strategic stakeholders to bring a product vision to life
- Experience in collaborating with design teams to design, document and build design systems for scalable and consistent user interfaces
- Experience with cloud technologies (we use AWS)
- Understanding of relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working in an Agile / Scrum environment
This position is listed across multiple locations across North America including
Cary, North Carolina
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.