WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our team of UX researchers provide rigorous research support and insights for all of our games and products. Our goal is to be the voice of our players and users, and help the designer-intended experience for them be realized.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team you will be a force multiplier for all those around you. You will support, organize, and level up the team with your excellent organizational, interpersonal, and technical skills. In addition you will play a critical role in the planning, recruiting, and running of research projects.
In this role, you will
- Project manage and support the entire UX Research team to smoothly plan and prioritize research demands. As part of this you will collaborate on and lead process improvement, as well as supporting and leading team morale initiatives and projects.
- Own, maintain, and improve our participant recruitment databases and processes. Including carrying out and training others on the team in participant recruitment and management. This will include participant support before, on, and after test sessions.
- Use your technical skills and knowledge of software and hardware to maintain, support, and improve our state of the art UX Lab, P and remote testing processes.
- Be a key point of contact and knowledge between the UX Research team and the support teams (e.g. IT, Finance, catering, events, etc) and production teams within Epic. You will know how to get things done via these channels and be up to date on the production schedules and roadmaps.
- Maintain, manage, and create relationships with external vendors whose products directly impact research team goals.
What we’re looking for
- 3-5 years experience in project management and/or research operations. Experience in these roles within the games industry is preferred, but not required.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills. Team members should feel they can approach you in any situation and receive support.
- Strong technical skills and competence. You should be willing to get in there with software and hardware and find out what their limitations and benefits are.
- Experience in or an interest in User Experience Research.
- A passion for video games; Being familiar with, and playing, games will be part of your role.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.