WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
We’re making it easier and faster for Players to get support and best case solve issues themselves, and for Customer Support Agents to analyze & solve the Players issues for a growing portfolio of games. As part of a Player Experience team, you are accountable for the quality of our Player Experience tooling to serve both the agents of an internal support tool and player-facing support site.
You will be responsible for managing all QA processes ensuring the external QA & development team has all the knowledge and resources to deliver Epic's high quality and standards, maturing the products to solve the problems of millions of players and helping thousands of agents to work more efficiently and productively.
In this role, you will
- Work with Player Experience and contracting teams to develop and deploy first class support tools
- Drive QA excellence of contracting QA & development team to be aligned with Epic's standards, coordinate test efforts, resolve blockers and bridge any potential gaps between external QA team and Epic internal teams
- Own the teams QA strategy and roadmap and ensure the QA architecture and setup is ready to support defined long term visions
- Be involved in the daily development processes, contribute, and lead QA topics by constantly considering the impact on Players and support Agents
- Gain full understanding of Player Experience tech stack, its user-base, and user behaviors.
- Managing and support in writing test strategies, test plans, test suites, and automation efforts in a dynamic and fast-paced environment; ensure tech documentation is complete, of high quality and up to date
- Holding a high bar for performance and actively coach the team to level up their technical capabilities.
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of Software Quality Assurance experience
- Technical Background - not just a person leader; Able to contribute to day-to-day testing/engineering efforts
- Experience working with and testing for multiple Platforms (Desktop, Mobile)
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)
- Hands on experience with automation best practices and development tools; Unit and Integration testing for APIs and Web applications.
- Solid understanding of testing APIs at both a client/sdk level and how they interact with backend services
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our current benefits package includes higher employer contribution on public health insurance, 100% employer paid annual health check ups, supplemental company supported pension, survivors benefit and LTD. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.