WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for a highly talented and creative Senior Environment Artist to join our team building some of the best-looking environments and props in Fortnite. This artist will need to demonstrate a strong artistic ability, bringing with them a strong understanding of form, function, detail, the skill to interpret concept art, plus have the technical skills to bring their work to life in the Unreal Engine. Artists are required to be versatile and build ideally both organic and hard surface assets.
In this role, you will
- Exhibit good color theory and technical expertise in primarily organic layout, lighting, scene composition, and environmental FX polish (bloom, color adjust, fog, etc.).
- Model and texture a wide variety of props/assets.
- Creatively model from rudimentary or unfinished concepts, showing understanding of the goals of the design, to final, production-ready models.
- Create solid, high fidelity textures of any given surface.
- Create shaders for environment assets, volumetrics, decals, ambient effects, etc.
What we're looking for
- Highly skilled in relevant software, 3DS Max, Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance, etc.
- Solid communicator with an ability to work between disciplines.
- Great texturing skills and experience with PBR & materials.
- Ability to take 2D concept art to completion.
- Ability to provide feedback to outsourcers.
- Complex, technical shader knowledge and background is a plus.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.