WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
Epic is seeking a QA Lead to join our Fortnite Creative team. You will be leading a group of internal and external testers, working directly with our Creative group to prepare these modes and experiences inside of Fortnite for launch to millions of players. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter with game QA management experience and has a passion for innovating and improving upon the Fortnite Creative Quality Process.
In this role, you will
- Assign, supervise, and evaluate the performance of appropriate internal and external resources for the testing, documentation, and research of relevant issues on Creative Modes and Experiences.
- Review game and media experiences to make sure they are fun, engaging, and high quality
- Collaborate with the development team to analyze qualitative and quantitative game test results, evaluate their importance across a matrix of factors, and action against them in real time
- Maintain an expert knowledge of the Fortnite Creative experiences and their tiers of quality
- Advocate for the player and artist; be the voice of the quality in the room
What we're looking for
- 2+ years of QA management experience in the games industry
- Experience working on a hybrid in-house/outsourced team in a fast-paced environment
- Breathtaking time-management and multitasking capabilities
- Skilled writer of detailed issue documentation and test plans
- Experience using qualitative metrics to measure types of fun
- Expert user of issue tracking tools such as JIRA
- Selfless collaborator and inspirational leader of small teams on short deadlines; Strong communication skills, ability to advocate
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.