WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for an Accounting Manager (Responsable comptable in French) to manage a number of our subsidiaries based in France and the US. This person will join our growing International Finance team based in Paris, France and works alongside the Finance Team in Madrid, Spain, Singapore, Luzern, Switzerland and London, UK. The Finance Team are responsible for the accounting for the Epic Group’s subsidiaries in: China, Korea, Japan, Singapore, UK, Canada, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Poland, Germany, Finland, Sweden, Spain, Slovakia, and Serbia.
You will work alongside existing members of the International Finance team and partner with them and others within Epic to deliver high quality financial reporting, day-to-day accounting and support ad-hoc finance related projects. This will include both financial reporting and operational topics to enable complete and accurate financial reporting at the US, EMEA and Statutory levels.
This is a critical role to enable Epic to continue to grow its finance and accounting presence within a key International market. The role will report into Epic’s International finance team (based throughout Europe) but will work closely with senior leadership within the wider Epic Group such as Corporate Tax, FP&A, HR and Legal.
In this role, you will
- Ensure completeness, accuracy and quality in all areas of General Ledger accounting and financial reporting
- Own the month end and year end financial closing activities for a number of subsidiaries (France and US)
- Recording journal entries (timely and accurately)
- Performing account reconciliations across GL accounts
- Assisting with subsidiary cash flow forecasting, spend analysis, and expense coding
- Assisting of members of the GL Accounting team on an as needed basis
- Partner with the existing out-sourced accounting staff to ensure that there is a strong holistic view of accounting and finances, and that finances are managed, controlled and presented in a way that is representative of business operations
- Management of the annual statutory audit requirements for the French subsidiaries
- Collaborate regarding system and process enhancements including UAT when necessary
- Fixed asset accounting and administration (including depreciation, asset tracking and leases)
- Accrual and provision calculations and postings
- VAT & Tax declarations, statistical report preparation and submissions
- Intercompany reconciliations and mismatch corrections
- Performing analytical reviews and trend analysis including understanding business strategy
- Partner with cross functional teams to assist with the implementation a new ERP (Workday) with regional customization and support change management to associated front-end processes
- Be the point-of-contact for any accounting or transactional queries from the Business
- Involvement in finance and accounting projects.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years financial accounting experience, preferably within both an International and French business and accounting environment
- Bilingual in French and English is required
- Already residing in France or a right to work in France
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Finance or Accounting, or a related field.
- Chartered Accountancy qualification or equivalent (preferred but not required)
- Good knowledge of both US GAAP, IFRS and French GAAP, including a deep knowledge and understanding of French tax and legal financial reporting obligations
- Strong knowledge of General Ledger accounting processes and procedures
- Team player and collaborative
- Experience of dealing with External Auditor requests
- Strong communications, presentation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to summarize key accounting and operational issues to management.
- Experience of working in different ERP systems (Workday is preferable)
- Analytic problem solving skills
- Someone who is user-focused, solutions-focused, and innovative
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel (complex formula, VBA, macros and pivot tables) and proficient with other Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a timely manner
- Attention to detail, organization and experience in a fast-paced environment
- Relevant education in finance, accounting or business administration
- Independent and self-starter with a “can-do” attitude
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our current benefits package includes supplemental basic medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability.
We also offer an employee paid voluntary top up medical plan, and a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.