WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a QA Manager to own the QA process within the Epic Games Publishing (EGP) team. This person will lead the testing process for all EGP projects, including owning the testing strategy, test plans, vendor management, and partner relationships between multiple studios of developers and QA testing groups. We’re looking for an IC who wants to dig into complex problems and find innovative solutions at scale.
In this role, you will
- Work with multiple external partners to plan out product level testing strategies for titles in later stages of development.
- Build positive working relationships with key stakeholders across multiple external studios and testing groups.
- Develop pass/fail criteria for different stages of development and provide highly detailed reporting and feedback on testing progress on a regular basis.
- Work collaboratively with partners to develop detailed test plans for complex features and train external teams on how to test features effectively.
- Develop and maintain best practices for QA tools for issue tracking, community bug reporting, automation, etc.
- Build, maintain and evaluate relationships with multiple QA vendors.
- Continually update internal QA documentation and up-skill production team members.
What we're looking for
- Capability to manage and lead multiple external QA vendors to drive an exceptional level of service for our partners.
- Formal QA certification, such as ISTQB or equivalent experience.
- Experience in games development.
- Hands-on experience with 1st party certification processes.
- Experience building and remotely leading large teams of external testers and creating test plans for large scale projects.
- Keen business acumen to maintain multiple budgetary requirements on titles.
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance).
This position is available anywhere in the United Kingdom.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.