WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You'll Do
Epic Games FinTech team is looking for a motivated, versatile Data Analytics Engineer. On this team, you will blend data engineering and analytics skills to develop full reporting pipelines. This unique position will give you the opportunity to work closely with finance, insights, and revenue stakeholders around the company using state of the art analytics tools. You’ll learn and utilize key skills to deliver data and create accurate reports on Fortnite, Rocket League, Fall Guys and other upcoming titles, to name a few.
In this role, you will
- Work directly with Data engineers, data analysts, and integration specialists to understand and build the full financial reporting pipeline at Epic; Finance stakeholders to build analytics systems capturing revenue, tax, and payments for our internationally popular game titles, the Epic Game Store, and a multitude of partner product; E-commerce engineers and application developers to provide finance with the tools to understand and measure the huge scale of transactions occurring within Epic Online Services.
- Focus on our global revenue reporting platform, unifying the Epic product ecosystem with partner products sold across Microsoft, Playstation, Nintendo, and PC storefronts
- Report on tax, transactional, and E-commerce data via Tableau
- Partner with our central data engineering team to capture subsets of financially relevant events, store and manage these data, and automate delivery via Hive, Snowflake, and AWS.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years experience cross functional experience in data engineering and analytics
- Strong experience with analytical and development languages like SQL, HQL, Python, R, or C#
- Experience with cloud storage solutions like AWS (lambda is a plus), Azure, or GCP.
- Familiarity with visualization methods and sharing data effectively via tools like Tableau or PowerBI
- Strong understanding of event capturing, ETL, and warehousing.
- Eagerness to discover and own new dashboards, event pipelines, and warehousing solutions
- BS/BA degree holders in STEM related fields or equivalent
Nice to have qualifications:
- MS/MA degree with a focus in finance, computer science, or mathematics
- Predictive analytics skillset beyond point-in-time reporting such as regression analysis, classification, or ML techniques
- Proven history or debugging and CI/CD management
- 1+ years experience with optimizing data at scale via Snowflake, Hadoop, EMR, Kafka, Airflow or equivalents.
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.