WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Fortnite team is looking for a creative SDET Tools Intern to join them in 2023. On this team you will be a part of the testing process, which includes contributing to our automation framework and game specific automation tests. As such, you will be at the center of both game and engine development and technology at Epic and the wider game industry.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
In This Role You Will
- Develop new tools and/or build on existing technology to improve testing processes.
- Help improve automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts.
- Collaborate with a wide range of engineers and content creators to ensure relevant functionality and metrics are covered by our test suite.
- Contribute to developing functional scripts within a scalable framework.
- Leverage technical skills to execute a variety of testing techniques across game feature sets, and to diagnose and troubleshoot issues found during testing.
- Report and track for data quality and use that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health.
- Participate in code development and code review of automated tests and tools.
What We’re Looking For
- Evidence of C++, C# projects required
- Understanding of QA process, test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a plus
- Passionate about Epic Games and specifically Fortnite
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.