WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What we do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Senior Engine Programmer to join our Foundation Core team. In this role, you’ll develop low-level tools and systems that all UE users use to build and ship their games, and pipelines that Epic uses internally to ship the Unreal Engine and games like Fortnite. The ideal candidate will have a love of practical problem solving and an affinity for improving the day-to-day workflow of other developers.
In this role, you will
- Develop custom tools and pipelines for other engineers and content creators
- Optimize iteration times, and improve existing systems for performance, memory usage, and user experience
- Establish test workflows to validate performance improvements and prevent regressions
- Support external customers by answering their technical requests and questions
What we’re looking for
- Excellent C++ knowledge
- Comfortable writing multithreaded code and reasoning about dependency graphs and content pipeline for large games
- Experience profiling and optimizing a large codebase
- Demonstrated ability to reason about large, interacting systems from the macro-level to the micro-level
- Someone who is passionate, solution-oriented, proactive and autonomous.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including:
Vancouver, British Columbia
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.