WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our Facilities team is responsible for building a unique and creative environment for our growing teams and offices around the world. From Cary to Berlin to Shanghai, our Facilities team selects, designs, and maintains our global campuses. Facilities takes part in guaranteeing the everyday operations at our offices run smoothly, organizing and orchestrating global support as well as leading the build-out of our new 450,000 square foot headquarters located in Cary, NC.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team you will use your experience in design management, including handoff to operations and impact of design on user experience and facilities maintenance to design oversight of projects within the EMEA region.
In this role, you will
- Knowledge of EMEA vendors/partners, working practices/norms, and procurement processes across the EMEA region
- Experience in delivering projects with complex technical components & coordination - acoustics, high-end AV design, technical rooms, production suites, etc
- Understanding of the design process, from space planning, programing, requirements gathering to design, through RIBA stages, to completion
- Understanding business and user needs as relates to the design of office and technical spaces
- Ability to assist in managing critical relationships including Stakeholders and Landlords as relates to requirements gathering and documentation
- Adept at reading and critiquing drawings (Arch, MEP/S, IT/AV/SEC) to ensure scope and intent is met and all trades are coordinated. Keen eye for clash detection within drawing deliverables.
- Knowledge of construction from documentation of existing conditions to budgeting/bidding phases, and finally to execution and quality control
- Maintain focus on user-needs and experience while maintaining detailed-coordination with all stakeholders in addition to operating strategically for the good of the business and pushing back on stakeholders and consultants where necessary.
What we’re looking for
- 8+ yrs experience in Interior Design or Architecture
- Graduate degree in Interior Design or Architecture
- SBID (The Society of British Interior Design) or RIBA (Royal Institute of British Architects) Certification preferred
- A digital portfolio or project list/role (PDF or Website accepted) outlining key experience and roles on a variety of projects
- Fluent in design principles, FF&E, and project flow
- Understanding of Drafting Softwares (AutoCAD, Revit, ArchiCAD), 3d Modeling tools (Twinmotion, 3dsMax, Sketchup), and Editing tools (Revu Bluebeam, Adobe Suite)
- Experience in Facilities Design Management or internal GREF Team preferred
- Experience with construction projects and project management tools
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and experience briefing executive leaders on project status and responses
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
We pay 100% for benefits except for PMI (for dependents). Our current benefits package includes pension, private medical insurance, health care cash plan, dental insurance, disability and life insurance, critical illness, cycle to work scheme, flu shots, health checks, and meals. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.