WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Trust & Safety
What we do
The Epic Trust and Safety team provides a safer experience for Epic users. We work across multiple products and services to improve technology and craft transparent policies so our players and users can have positive experiences on our platforms.
What you’ll do
The Operations Lead will define strategy for the operations vertical, and lead a diverse 24/7 staffed team that upholds policies within Fortnite and the other products across the Epic Ecosystem. They should be comfortable with difficult subject matters: hateful content, violent content, CSAM, etc.
In this role, you will
- Provide management, oversight, and direction to remote agents on a 24/7 staffed team
- Stay up-to-date on and work within established business guidelines with vendor Managed Services provider
- Work with key stakeholders to craft policies that can be operationalized while ensuring customer safety and encouraging service growth
- Manage a notification and change process as new policies and processes are implemented
- Coordinate with partner teams to continuously improve operational processes via tooling, telemetry, and communications
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements to identify gaps and opportunities for efficiency gains
- Adapt quickly to rapidly evolving and highly ambiguous situations, while maintaining good judgment, professional composure, and the ability to triage or prioritize operational decisions for highest impact with limited information
- Communicate complex concepts to varied audiences, including implementation details to agents and impact assessments to leadership, PR and Legal teams.
- On-call for 24x7 imminent threat escalations
What we’re looking for
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience managing a 24/7 operation
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Experience crafting & implementing processes
- Business Analysis skills
- Basic Knowledge of Tableau reports and usage (or other data visualization tools)
- Basic Knowledge of Jira (or other bug tracking software)
- Basic Program Management Skills including handling multiple projects and creating and improving team processes, tools, and efficiencies
- Experience drafting SOWs for new projects and contracts
- Experience with start-up scaling and maturing existing operations
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America including
Cary, North Carolina
San Francisco, California
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.