WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
PROGRAMMING - Unreal Engine
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of programming experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team you will lead highly skilled programmers on an ongoing effort to improve our code generation tool set, champion code standards and quality, and improve code build times. This is an exciting opportunity to make impactful changes that affect thousands of developers across the globe allowing them to develop products more efficiently.
In this role, you will
- Lead a small team, setting goals, planning deliverables, growing people and maintaining a good team health.
- Be accountable for the quality, development practice and delivery of new technology.
- Collaborate with other groups within Epic Games as well as their licensees to identify opportunities for future improvement.
- Be a vision holder who will “rally the troops” and champion impactful change.
- Be an active developer that writes new features and supports existing ones.
What we're looking for
- You will be highly proficient in C++ development and have an in-depth knowledge of modern C++ language and all its features.
- You will have a good understanding of how coding structure and features affect both executable performance and build speed.
- You will have previous compiler experience, that is you are familiar with how compilers work, how to optimize and operate them and you will have set up code build systems using multiple toolchains.
- You will have windows development experience, familiarity with other operating systems would be advantageous.
- You will have experience of leading a small team of developers.
This position is listed in multiple locations across the US and Canada.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.