WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Online Services (EOS) is looking for a smart, creative Online Client Engineering Intern to join them in 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Epic Online Services enable developers to launch, operate, and scale great games with the same services Epic uses for its own games, plus many additional services developed for the worldwide gaming community. Epic Online Services are available in a single SDK, for free.
In This Role You Will:
- Assist in various improvements to the EOS Client SDK.
- This work could cover direct feature implementation or support (such as voice, lobbies, new features), or assist with the integration effort of the SDK into Fortnite.
- Get exposure to first party platform SDK work while hooking up our crossplay features backed by Switch/XBL/PSN platform APIs.
- Implement and address external team feedback and quality of life feature requests
What We’re Looking For:
- Computer Science degree or related discipline.
- Analytical thought process and strong problem-solving skills desired.
- Demonstrable proficiency in object oriented programing - C++ and C# preferred.
- Knowledge and interest in networking, distributed systems, REST, and back-end services
- Interest in online multiplayer games or games as a service
- Evidence of programming work in a student or internship environment.
- We want to see examples of your code and ability to develop online features and tools.
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.