WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What You'll Do
As our incoming Director, Compensation (Head of Global Compensation) you will report directly to the leader of Recruiting, Total Rewards and People Strategy. In this role you will drive Epic Game’s end-to-end strategy and programs for compensation. This includes managing our quarterly bonus program, annual equity grant, executive compensation, pay equity analysis, annual market study, promotions, leveling guidelines and integrating new mergers & acquisitions.
Epic is building the future of technology and we need to hire and retain the most sought after talent in the industry. Our rewards programs are market driven and we believe in aligning our rewards toward top performers and critical talent.
In this role, you will
- Lead and develop a team of skilled Compensation Consultants / Analysts to develop, refine, evaluate and administer compensation programs that elevate our ability to attract, motivate, and retain talent at all levels, across the world.
- Responsible for the strategy, design, implementation, and communication of Epic Game’s compensation philosophy and programs.
- Manage short-term and long-term incentive plan design and administration by benchmarking competitive incentive pay levels and plan designs, influencing plan design improvements, and administering all tools and processes to execute tracking and paying incentives.
- Interface with the Executive Leadership Team and CEO on compensation-related initiatives and create presentation materials for the Board as necessary.
- Skilled story-teller and have achieved Expert status in formatting and presenting compensation data, conclusions and proposals.
- Support HR Partners, Recruiting, and Leadership teams: developing training materials for compensation-related policies / procedures, supporting promotions, new hire offers and other job evaluations.
- Review compensation practices for compliance with federal and local laws and regulations globally. Identify areas of noncompliance and develop corrective action plans.
- Review compensation practices for efficacy, equality, and identify trends or unintended consequences with our existing programs.
- Navigate complexity using quantitative analysis, including dynamic scenario modeling.
What we’re looking for
- An executive leader who has built, lead and managed high performing teams
- A thought leader who has successfully navigated complexity and brings a wealth of knowledge on how compensation program changes affect employee sentiment and engagement
- Direct experience in development and administration of compensation programs (base pay and variable pay); gaming, entertainment, technology, or media industry experience is preferred
- Direct experience in the design and administration of Executive Compensation programs
- Direct experience with maintaining compensation data in Workday
- Demonstrated advanced Excel and/or Google Sheets experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish a trusted advisor relationship across departments
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively
- High level of professionalism in dealing with confidential data and business information
- Experienced in delivering department and business-focused solutions based on the best interest and needs of the business
This position is listed in multiple locations across the United States including
Cary, North Carolina
California (multiple locations)
Remote options available
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.