WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
As Senior UX Designer on the Online team, you will be responsible for the player experience of identity and commerce. This includes how players authenticate into the Epic ecosystem, manage their Epic account, and purchase games and content across a variety of internal and external products. Cross-team collaboration will be critical to this role as you will work with our internal game developers and several other business verticals across Epic. The ideal candidate for this role will combine a deep understanding of complex identity and commerce systems and empathy for our users into easy-to-use, well-crafted product experiences.
In this role, you will
- Work with CFX partners to develop goals, roadmaps, and help guide the team to build the right features
- Work closely with the Design Systems team to define a single approach to components and tokens across multiple products
- Create presentations, wires, prototypes, and documentation — whatever it takes to clearly convey ideas and expedite quality and present and pitch designs to design, product management, and engineering leadership
- Work alongside engineers, artists, and UX researchers to develop features and to create shared experiences, from games to streaming, that focus on creating an experience around people video chatting together
- Help establish and grow a robust design system and maintain a consistent aesthetic and quality as new components are developed
What we're looking for
- 7+ years of real-world product design experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive and ship features with solid interaction design
- Expert ability to create documents and presentations to successfully communicate complex ideas; skilled with Figma and prototyping tools; working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS
- Expert knowledge of design processes and systems – from discovery to documentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated product thinking – you understand why we’re building the product and how design impacts the business
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative – these traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America including
Cary, North Carolina
San Francisco, California
Los Angeles, California
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.