WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
The Fortnite Desktop team is looking for a creative Desktop Engineer Intern to join them for 2023. You will have the opportunity to improve the stability and performance of the Fortnite Windows client as well as implement a major player-impacting feature. Improvements you make will benefit millions of Fortnite players on PC as well as players and developers of Unreal Engine 5.
Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
In This Role You Will:
- Improve the stability and performance of the Fortnite Windows client
- Bring player-impacting improvements to Fortnite and Unreal Desktop platforms
- Collaborate with a wide variety of Fortnite engineering and content creation teams to solve complex technical challenges in ways that move the stability and quality of Fortnite forward
What We’re Looking For:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Intermediate knowledge of C++
- Desktop platform experience (PC or linux) or solid Operating System knowledge
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: DirectX 11/12, graphics, memory optimization, threading, profiling, game engines
- Demonstrated interest in games through school, work or hobby projects (github, personal website)
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.