WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Push your artistic talent to the limit on a team of world-class environment, character and concept artists who strive to innovate and inspire.
What You'll Do
You’ve made games and sample games as a core of your career. You can create assets, script, and pull together all the elements to stand up the prototype to communicate the vision. You’ve done this to help set the direction with both tools and games. You’ve developed a passion for the technical side of art, workflows, pipelines, texturing, modeling, characters, and VFX. In this role you’ll help to design and inform the development of tools for the metaverse with an artist's perspective. From in-game Creators to AAA developers you’ll ensure that users have an opportunity to contribute with whatever tool and capability they have. You’ll gather feedback and be open to testing your assumptions on the product design working with engineering, design, art, and community in developing a new generation of game development tools.
In this role, you will
- Develop a deep understanding of how the in-game and editor tools will be used to create workflows, content, and experiences
- Partner with the art, design, and engineering team to design, implement and validate workflows, tools, and solutions to create experiences both in-game and editor.
- Use the tools to create content and experiences
- Work with the team to develop guidelines on content development that allows for the highest quality content across multiple platforms.
- Work with product management, publishing, developer relations, and the community to gather and consider new features to develop.
- Work with the community and developer relations teams along with the community to directly hear how the tools are being used and what we can do to improve them.
- Work with the publishing and partnerships teams to understand and support their efforts.
What we're looking for
- 10 years of experience in games or game development tools with a focus in technical art implementing interactive experiences.
- Experience with developing game editor tools and/or in-game creation tools, such as Maya, 3ds Max, Unreal Editor, Unity, or internal game development tools.
- Ability to assess systems and features from an end-user perspective.
- Ability to develop workflows with a strong focus in driving optimization and performance
- Experience working with a variety of disciplines.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to drive consensus with clever, thoughtful people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.