WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Use your expert experience in data & analytics to build powerful stories and visuals that inform the games we make, the technology we develop, and business decisions that drive Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help create the models that fuel our creator economy. The successful candidate will have excellent SQL knowledge, and enjoy combining machine learning skills with business acumen to provide the data and insights that will drive our continued success.
In this role, you will
- Work with creator ecosystem teams and key stakeholders from the metaverse economy team and analytics teams ensure available game data is applied for its best use to Epic by modeling player behavior to understand the long and short run impacts on our ecosystem
- Partner closely with the metaverse economy team to jointly build new and scalable models that will help guide the development of the metaverse economy
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated background in development of machine learning products
- Strong Python engineering knowledge
- Familiarity with supporting technical componentry including:
- Code version control (Github or similar)
- Orchestration (Airflow preferred)
- CI/CD (codeFresh, Jenkins or similar) & model (MLFlow or similar)
- Experience in a “full-stack” environment - data file ingest, ETL, data storage interaction in Python, Python application development, communication of result to storage systems, code version control
- Advanced statistical training and a thorough understanding of the associated strengths and weaknesses of different statistical approaches
- Experience with Spark (Scala or PySpark)
- Working knowledge of HiveQL
- Passion for games, analytics, and user generated content
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure (particularly MWAA & EKS)
- Familiarity with virtualization for development (Docker preferred)
- Experience with data drift & quality monitoring and associated development
- Demonstrated experience with economic modeling & econometrics approaches
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.