WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic's multi-specialized team of attorneys and legal professionals, partner across our organization to provide legal solutions, as well as, consult and inform on what we build and develop for our people, players and customers.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will be responsible for providing world-class legal support and management advice to a very successful, dynamic, and fast-paced video game and software development company. The ideal candidate will require strong initiative and sound judgment, with the ability to work independently in a creative and disruptive industry. Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a broad range of individuals and groups in a cross-functional context are a must.
In this role, you will
- Support and advise Epic in connection with corporate governance, equity compensation, mergers and acquisitions and general transactional work
- Handle, either independently or in connection with other members of the legal team, the structuring, due diligence, negotiation and implementation of acquisitions, investments, and strategic partnerships
- Oversee the legal integration of US and non-US acquired companies, including acting as the first line of support and issue-spotter and escalating to specialist attorneys (e.g., litigation, employment, privacy) as needed
- Manage the full life-cycle of entity management for Epic and its subsidiaries, including ensuring compliance with applicable corporate formalities, corporate governance and other local legal requirements
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts and provide legal support to other Epic products and services as time permits
What we're looking for
- Licensed attorney in good standing with at least one state bar
- A J.D. from an ABA accredited law school
- Minimum of three years of experience as a transactional attorney, either at a large law firm, as in-house counsel to a technology company or a combination of both, preferably with experience in mergers and acquisitions, securities or corporate governance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sound judgment and a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and internal clients
- Demonstrated ability to quickly research and evaluate novel legal issues, with a focus on practical solutions and an understanding of legal risks
- Interest and familiarity with legal issues facing technology companies
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401(k) with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.