WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The infrastructure platform team creates and evolves cloud services that elevate the Epic developer experience. We build and integrate various products to offer a combination of defaults for accelerated service roll out compared to service owners individually selecting and building the entirety of their infrastructure. Service owners have great autonomy to select all or parts of our defaults. Default workflows are created with evolving preselected technology stacks, and a combination of internally built and 3rd party products that make up our internal Epic Infrastructure as a Service platform to enable massive scale and high availability for Epic’s online services and applications.
What You'll Do
Epic’s Infrastructure Platform team is looking for a Lead Cloud Engineer to lead our Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) teams. Your focus will be on building and evolving the platform infrastructure foundation for Epic’s application teams. This role will work closely with service owners, product management, production, infrastructure operations, stakeholders, partners and vendors to provide an excellent Epic developer experience.
In this role, you will
- Lead a team of 10+ engineers distributed across North America and Europe, and provide tier 3 support for your products and services
- Communicate cross-functionally across various teams, organizations and internal and external stakeholders to drive engineering efforts
- Lead the team's platform tool and microservices innovation efforts to build the next versions of Epic’s Infrastructure and Platform as a Service with your teams
- Deliver results, build great teams, maintain team health, manage performance and develop your people
- Help with design and code reviews. Ensure high programming standards and thorough unit, functional, integration and user acceptance testing
What we're looking for
- 3+ years relevant experience in technical leadership of senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineering teams with HR responsibilities
- 5+ years experience as an Infrastructure Engineer who can point at publicly facing IaaS or PaaS products they worked on
- 3+ years of hands-on Cloud Infrastructure knowledge (AWS preferred), including containerization, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines and orchestration
- 3+ years experience programming on a team, ideally applying 12 Factor and S.O.L.I.D. principles, preferably in Go, using Git version control
- Deep knowledge and hands-on experience with building cloud infrastructure automation and platform services such as IaaS and PaaS
- Established time management skills with the ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
- Solid RESTful API and distributed systems design skills
- Familiarity and / or hands-on experience with Artifactory, Teleport, Terraform, Vault
- Information security knowledge including encryption and secrets management
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused geo-distributed environment
This position is listed in Cary, NC but we are open to other locations in the East Coast
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.