WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts strive to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for a Software Programmer to help bridge Unreal Editor for Fortnite (UEFN) end users with Epic’s development team. The ideal candidate is technically knowledgeable in C++ and engine development, is customer focused, and has excellent communication skills.
In This Role You Will
- Provide engineering advice and direction to UEFN end users as they navigate difficult problems
- Debug, review and analyze minor and major issues including but not limited to bugs, crashes and runtime performance challenges
- Work with technical partners from multiple industries to ensure their needs are met by future releases of UEFN
- Drive initiatives in the creation and development of knowledge sharing resources including tutorials and industry presentations
- Consult with a diverse group of developers both online and face-to-face
- Write well documented and optimized code for fixes, feature work, code reviews and other development oriented tasks
- Provide mentorship and coaching to team members
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related field or equivalent experience
- Experience developing and debugging in C++
- Experience solving complex problems and helping other developers
- Passion for helping other developers
- Self-motivated individual who takes ownership of the technical relationship with developers and works proactively to reduce friction and improve process
- Foundational knowledge of real-time simulation, 3D math, data structures and algorithms
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
Nice to have skills
- Experience with UE4 or other AAA Game Engines
- Experience with Fortnite Creative tools
- Professional development experience shipping a project/title as a programmer/engineer
- Experience working ‘under the hood’ on game engine systems such as physics, rendering, developer tools, mobile, and/or consoles.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.