WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Special Projects Development Team is looking for a smart, creative Engine Programmer Intern to join them in 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
In This Role You Will:
- Assist development on engine features and tooling revolving around linear media production (virtual production, performance capture, asset authoring within engine -- all in service of the dedicated project).
- Work closely with the Engine team to apply and improve emerging technologies within Unreal Engine
- Solving a wide variety of technical challenges under deadlines
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree work in CS or related fields.
- Work samples required (indie, academic, hobby project etc.)
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in real-time simulation, graphics, or game development
- Basic understanding of a real-time engine: graphics, physics, tools, audio, networking, memory handling, scripting, I/O, etc.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4/5 strongly preferred
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.