WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Serve as a listener and a voice to the diverse and expanding development community. You will grow, facilitate, inspire, and support a strong community while evangelizing and promoting for Epic. You’ll understand the needs & feedback of the community members and relay to the right internal channels.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for a Lead Evangelist who will be responsible for driving adoption of Unreal Engine and other related Epic developer tools and services to game developers at large, and with a particular focus on the indie game development space.
In This Role You Will
- Strategize and maintain the vision for how to best reach and bring onboard game developers, especially indie studios.
- Help studios succeed by following up and supporting developers all the way from initial prototype to a successful release.
- Identify promising up and coming studios through a variety of means and channels and collaborate closely with marketing and business development to evaluate projects that require a team effort.
- Manage and lead a team of globally distributed evangelists
- Attending and evangelizing the usage of the Unreal Engine and other Epic dev tools at events throughout North America and Europe, including trade shows, conferences, workshops, and meetups, or online channels
What We're Looking For
- General technical understanding of game development disciplines, processes, bottlenecks - preferably within Unreal Engine and by having shipped a at least one PC/Console/Mobile game
- A thorough understanding of the business and marketing side of game development, and the challenges faced by developers in the evolving landscape
- Demonstrated passion for game development processes, engines and tools, and a drive to tell others about it
- Experience with leading a team, preferably a distributed and developer facing one.
- Insight and previous experience with indie game development, either from running an indie studio or from serving the space at a publisher or platform holder
- Sharp written and verbal communication, including strong presentation skills and experience with public speaking
- Ability to work within a large organization, while maintaining a lean & outward facing approach that always prioritizes the needs of the developers.
This position is listed in multiple locations across Europe…
London, United Kingdom
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.