WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QUALITY ASSURANCE - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Unreal Engine QA team, you’ll be working on the world’s most open and advanced real-time 3D creation tool that gives creators the freedom and control to deliver cutting-edge entertainment, compelling visualizations, and immersive virtual worlds. You will work closely with the embedded quality team to identify coverage needs and oversee the team assigned to perform manual testing and deliver regular reports on the state of various parts of the engine.
In this role, you will
- Supervise day to day tasking of Testers
- Monitor and maintain expectations for Testers and evaluate their performance, ensuring the team maintains the company standard for bug quality and test execution
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders to facilitate the flow of information between embedded teams and test teams
- Escalate issues to the right owners so major issues are visible and handled as soon as they’re found.
- Improve team processes through feedback and troubleshoot system and hardware issues in order to unblock testing.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of testing experience with at least 1 year in a leadership role
- Skilled troubleshooter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn, comprehend, and apply new concepts, techniques, and procedures in a fast paced environment
- Experience working with a variety of hardware such as mobile and console as well as operating systems such as Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- Experience in managing and mentoring junior testing staff
- Experience with one or more game engines (Unreal Engine preferred)
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.