WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - FORTNITE
What We Do
Driving the plug-in power behind Unreal Engine 5. We bridge connections for licensees and our own internal game teams to online services. This allows games like Fortnite to utilize a combination of platform online services as well as Epic’s own online services to build cross-platform online features. Login, parties, voice chat, matchmaking, purchasing, cloud storage, and analytics are just a few examples of online features that our Online Game Services team helps games utilize.
What You'll Do
As a member of the Creative team, you’ll be integrating and expanding upon our online features that underpin the future of Fortnite Creative. You’ll be familiar with different backend technologies and will craft highly available, high throughput, low latency services at scale.
You’ll be comfortable with integrating in backend APIs to our client and dedicated servers with a holistic view to a feature’s operation.
In This Role You Will
- Write distributed systems to handle large scale challenges (we use Node.js and Scala)
- Integrate online systems within our client or dedicated servers (we use extensive C++)
- Work with public cloud infrastructure to facilitate a fast moving ecosystem (we use AWS)
- Craft solutions using modern SQL and non-relational databases (we use MongoDB, Dynamo and Redis)
- Work with the client, dedicated server and backend teams to ensure that a feature has been implemented in an efficient manner.
What We're Looking For
- Expertise with C++
- A flexible working attitude with a focus on live service stability
- Experience writing asynchronous systems with some of the logic on both the client and server
- Professional experience in game development
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America and Europe including
- Guildford, UK
- Stockholm, Sweden
- Berlin, Germany
- Warsaw, Poland
- Cary NC, USA
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.