WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
You will design customer and user-focused experiences that are fresh and innovative while problem solving by anticipating user behavior and hurdles. As part of the UX team, you know how to approach the most complex of problems and address them with simple, intuitive, and useful solutions.
What You'll Do
Epic is looking for passionate UX Designers, ranging from mid-level to experienced seniors, to join our team working on Fortnite. In this position, you will collaborate with Visual Designers and Game Designers, from concept to completion, on features and systems by generating wireframes, documentation, and prototypes. You will then work with a multi-disciplinary team to ship these features to millions of users around the world.
In This Role You Will
- Work with Game Designers to translate goals and constraints into compelling user-facing experiences.
- Collaborate with Visual Designers to level up the UX & UI of Fortnite.
- Create wireframes, interactive prototypes, and documentation that clearly convey ideas.
- Present and pitch designs to Product Managers, Developers, and Stakeholders.
- Work alongside Engineers, UI Technical Designers, and UX Researchers to develop features and systems.
- Produce UX design work such as competitive analysis, information architecture, content strategy, user stories, journey mapping, and accessibility standards.
- Work to resolve design discrepancies across teams within Fortnite.
- Work collaboratively across multiple teams to create consistency.
- Build design systems that enhance our ability to design more efficiently and consistently.
- Work quickly and effectively in a fast paced environment.
What We're Looking For
- You have 5+ years of experience working collaboratively to design features and complex UX systems through to completion across multiple platforms (mobile, web, pc, consoles).
- You have 5+ years of experience working in Agile environments and on multi-disciplinary teams.
- You have at least 2+ years of experience shipping updates and new features to a user base on a regular cadence.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and at least 3-4 years of experience presenting to other team members and stakeholders.
- You are skilled with Figma, the Adobe Suite, and prototyping software.
- You are known for your ability to take complex spaces and boil them down into clear wireframes and prototypes that are easy to understand and clearly articulated.
- You have a strong online portfolio demonstrating user-centered design solutions with strong visual direction and interaction design.
- You have a passion for making and playing games.
- You’re a proactive individual who naturally leans into owning outcomes from start to finish.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.