WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - SPECIAL PROJECTS
What We Do
The Special Projects team at Epic is responsible for executing high-impact projects that push the envelope to define the future of real-time graphics and gaming technology (The Matrix Awakens, Lumen in the Land of Nanite). In collaboration with the Unreal Engine team, we strive to put our technology and knowledge into the hands of users, empowering developers and content creators with the most powerful suite of real-time tools in the world.
What You'll Do
As a member of our team you will play a critical role in driving future projects that push boundaries, inspire creators, and help define the future of the Unreal Engine. As a Gameplay Programmer, you will have the opportunity to contribute both technically and creatively to a variety of projects, while collaborating with our world-class content team to create cutting-edge interactive experiences.
In this role, you will
- Implement, debug, and support gameplay functionality
- Experiment with game design and use rapid prototyping while ensuring that strong architectural and algorithmic decisions are made
- Work closely with art and design to create and iterate on gameplay features
- Collaborate with Unreal Engine teams to help guide ongoing feature development
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing gameplay systems
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the game’s production and development
- Write robust, maintainable code
What we’re looking for
- Experience developing games professionally and shipping AAA titles
- A keen analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong C++ skills and the ability to code and architect gameplay mechanics and tools
- Strong math skills
- Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about the design of existing games
- Adept at responding to constructive feedback
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Keen interest in games
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
This position is listed in multiple locations across North America including
Cary, North Carolina
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.