WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance Engineering team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What You'll Do
People within the QA Engineer career track work with product owners, developers, and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features/releases. You will join the Tech and Services space working with multiple teams that support the foundational areas in the development and release of Fortnite. In this role, you’ll strive to develop and implement long term scalable and sustainable automated test strategies, drive the education of new technologies, best practices, and assist in team efficiency initiatives for the space by providing technical solutions and expertise to support workflow improvements, integrations and deployment strategies. As an SDET Architect you will leverage your quality assurance, data analysis, and technical skills to drive appropriate testing techniques early on in development through release cycles and beyond.
In this role, you will
- Working with product owners, developers and QA management to define acceptance criteria, identify risks, and plan testing coverage for upcoming features / releases
- Assisting QA management with Identifying industry best practices, trends and tooling opportunities to further the technical capacity of the space and drive education goals for teams
- Examining technical gaps and leading automation initiatives to support the improvement of QA’s ability to identify and validate quality risks to the product as development velocity increases
- Understanding technical architecture and assisting in the creation of test strategies and test plans that cover multiple features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Assisting teams with the implementation and usage of available data analytic events and incorporating them into team workflows
- Reporting and tracking for data quality, and using that data to drive conversations around product quality and development health
- Participating in the development of junior QA Engineers and championing our internal engineering discipline
What we're looking for
- Ability to adapt and respond to an ever changing landscape
- 5+ years of experience in scripting or object oriented programming languages: Java, C++, C#, Python
- Working knowledge of relational databases, cloud computing technologies and CI/CD tools
- Software and/or games testing experience in a fast paced environment
- Technical understanding of web, mobile, XR, or game technologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
- Past experience testing frontend and backend services, console and mobile platforms, and creating detailed test plans and test cases for them
- Experience using tools such as Charles, Postman, RestAssured, and other testing tools to help facilitate troubleshooting and testing
- Problem-solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools to investigate and report on results (eg. Visual Studio, Chrome Debug tools, Firebug, etc)
- Familiarity and willingness to learn new technical frameworks, concepts, and tools
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Experience with cross-platform or cross-browser testing
- Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment, with the ability to juggle multiple projects
- Proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.