WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a QA specialist to guide quality and contribute to the automation of testing and tools within Unreal Engine and Fortnite. This position owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of multiple features. You'll be part of a of a rapidly iterating development team, working closely with professional and highly technical developers.
In This Role You Will
- Contribute writing automated test cases within a framework and create simple tools to assist testing efforts.
- Assists SDETs and Engineers to investigate and design proposals for automated solutions.
- Responsible for feature level test planning and test execution of individual features.
- Conduct whitebox functional testing as well as technical testing including performance tests, defect exploration and verifications.
- Generate analysis of outstanding defect load and recommend new areas of testing and areas to prioritize for fixes.
- Escalates quality concerns deemed unsolvable with given constraints.
- Proactively manage incoming defects and work autonomously on highest value tasks, be it test writing or test execution.
What We're Looking For
- 5+ years of experience in Quality Assurance with 2+ years of coding/scripting experience.
- Experience working embedded in SDLC
- Capable of analyzing code development through quality reflection.
- Experience with whitebox testing in any language.
- Proven expertise in creating automation test cases in some language at all levels and types including unit, functional, integration, E2E user workflows.
- Experience in load and performance tests.
- Experience writing test cases for APIs and applications.
- Ability to create a simple tool to improve testing effectiveness/efficiency
- Experience reading code in multiple languages
- Proven expertise in creating end to end test plans of a high complexity built across multiple iterations/development cycles
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.