WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Director of QA to oversee our global skills development across Unreal Engine, games and metaverse development, and online services. This is a unique discipline centric role at Epic rather than being directly tied to an individual product. They will own skills development, quality metrics evolution, and refining our quality strategies, focusing on specific tailored solutions to each product. The Director of QA, Operations will lead a small team sequentially solving meaningful discipline specific problems focusing on long term solutions so that problems remain fixed. These problems will both bubble up from specific teams as well as be defined top-down based on organizational needs. In addition to being a leader in QA, as a manager, craft expert, and individual contributor, the Director of QA, Operations will be expected to get organizational buy-in across multiple levels to be successful. If you are comfortable in a fast paced environment and have the desire to lead a strong test-focused team, then we would like to talk to you.
In this role, you will
- Move between the organizational and tactical execution layer as you seek to understand test problems so that you can build and run both the short-term and long-term solutions to fix those concerns.
- Work with stakeholders across multiple disciplines at different levels to build solutions using a combination of skills development, metrics, hiring, test strategy creation, data, and tooling to solve a wide range of problems.
- Directly manage a team with diverse backgrounds supporting QA development
- Create and refine training materials to improve QA’s ability to work more effectively with development throughout the SDLC.
- Develop a quality bar framework for development teams across disciplines
- Establish and Grow KPIs for all product teams through expanding metrics to reflect quality indicators
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of Quality Assurance experience
- Formal QA certification, such as ISTQB or equivalent experience
- Experience in both software and games development
- Experience in reviewing requirements and creating test plans with automation in mind
- A deep understanding of defect reporting, version control, and configuration management best practices, along with different testing phase best practices and objectives (functional, system integration, UAT, performance)
- Technical Background - has the ability to contribute in day-to-day efforts when needed
- Supported a SaaS product
- Experience working with Unreal Engine 4 or other Game Engines
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.