WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for an experienced Senior Visual Designer to join our Marketing Art team on Fortnite. You will be instrumental in helping us define our creative vision, shape the look and feel of promotional art and develop brand systems to support our marketing campaigns. This role is an incredible opportunity to make a huge impact on users of Epic’s impressive catalog of technology through a passion for user-centered design and gaming.
In This Role You Will
- Develop and execute comprehensive brand systems to support marketing campaigns, dictating how typography, design, illustration, and color are used throughout multiple outputs including web, social, and in-game.
- Work closely with other designers, illustrators, and CG artists to translate high-level marketing initiatives into eye-catching digital campaigns that capture the imagination of players.
- Create beautiful promotional art that showcases the depth and breadth of experiences showcased within Fortnite, in a wide variety of visual styles, tones, and themes.
- Work closely with brand partners ranging from entertainment to fashion brands by utilizing existing brand systems and guidelines to create unique experiences for players to enjoy.
- Collaborate with external design vendors and creative agencies on campaigns by providing art direction and feedback.
- Push and evolve the visual direction of Fortnite campaigns, keeping in lock step with global trends, aesthetics, and pop culture, while elevating the quality bar.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience in graphic design or brand design, with in-house or agency experience
- Experience designing holistic brand systems and brand guidelines
- Strong understanding of design principles: color, typography, layout & composition
- Portfolio that shows awareness of the current culture in art, design, entertainment, technology, music, and pop culture
- Adept at demonstrating design process from start to finish (ideation phase all the way to final execution)
- Able to apply theory to practice while adapting your design process to the project at hand
- Ability to multi-task and switch context across a multitude of projects
- Excellent communication skills (in person, written and presentation)
- Passion for design, the arts, and the video-game/entertainment industry
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.