WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You’ll Do
Epic Games is looking for Quest Designers to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role, you’ll work with a team of designers in order to create quest content that supports a variety of systems, modes, and playstyles. Quest Designers at Epic collaborate with a cross-discipline development team responsible for engaging players with goals that enrich their experience and tie in to broader forms of progression.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate to craft goals for players that build their exposure, experience, and mastery of new and existing game mechanics all while immersing them in the world of Fortnite.
- Contribute and help guide the design, vision and outcome for quest content that fulfills key player engagement metrics and supports broad systematic framework needs.
- Communicate and represent a vision for the player’s experience to your team members as well as supporting teams of all crafts.
- Collaborate with product management and marketing teams to ensure player satisfaction and overall game health.
- Lead by example to set the quality bar for design.
- Actively participate in big-picture decisions, and ensure the design team focuses on the right elements to achieve superior results.
- Drive collaborative and iterative prototyping, both paper-based and in-game.
- Attend playtests, provide feedback, and identify practical solutions to problems.
- Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate design work.
What we're looking for
- 5+ years experience shipping multiple titles as a game designer working on quest content or goal-based progression systems.
- Experience designing game content for GaaS model.
- Passion for games with a wide breadth of game knowledge.
- Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations, forms of play, and the effects of goal setting on play.
- Strong interest in BR and multiplayer games with an understanding of what makes them work.
- Solution oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.