WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide
What You'll Do
Epic Games is looking for an Engineer with a strong passion for physics and math to help implement new physics systems and maintain existing systems in Unreal Engine 5 and beyond. You will work closely with content creators and members of our engine team building the world’s premier game physics, engine technology, and helping to set a new standard in simulation.
In this role, you will
- Implement and maintain new physics, gameplay, and networking systems within the Unreal Engine focusing on simulating physics and gameplay interactions in networked environments with an eye for performance optimization and scalability.
- Implement and maintain new systems for improving the quality of interactions between characters and physics objects.
- Be forward-thinking with keeping up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with strong C++ knowledge and excellent math skills
- Passion for physics and making physics work in the game world
- Experience implementing new systems
- Demonstrated interest in games with 5+ years of professional experience
- Experience with the implementation of simulation or physics systems in a game engine; including core algorithms, performance optimization, behavior, etc.
- Experience working with other game physics engines such as Havok, PhysX, Bullet, etc.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.