WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our Fortnite team. You’ll be responsible for the design of Events and Brand Experiences that exist within the Fortnite platform. From working with external partners to pitch concepts, to assembling development teams, building experiences, and ultimately shipping events. Your design direction will bring experience quality to millions of players, and help shape the Fortnite ecosystem for the future.
In this role, you will
- Provide design and direction from start to finish (including brainstorming, pitching, producing, and ultimately shipping) for multiple experiences/events
- Quickly build pitches and assess the tech requirements to deliver quality experiences
- Work directly with product managers and third parties to collaborate, create, and iterate on those experiences
- Prioritize and balance different features within the Events & Brand Experiences ecosystem
- Work to provide the needed direction to improve the quality of all experiences built with the Fortnite platform
What were looking for
- Extensive experience in game and experience design
- Experience working on live events
- Proven track record for delivering quality games
- Demonstrated ability to quickly build/ship projects
- Comfortable working with multiple development teams simultaneously
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a fast-paced environment while understanding the priority stack with other initiatives
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.