WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Sr QA Analyst to own the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of a given Fortnite feature, functionality or set of work, where you will be part of a rapidly iterating development team working closely with producers, developers, and designers. As such, you will be at the center of both game and engine development and technology at Epic and the wider game industry.
If you're excited about working in a fast-paced environment and are highly motivated to ensure the best possible user experience, then we'd like to speak with you!
In This Role You Will
- Be responsible for feature level test planning and test execution of individual features on a cross-platform environment (PC, mobile, consoles).
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to evaluate requirements, assess risks, and coordinate testing efforts for upcoming and existing game features.
- Conduct standard functional and qualitative testing types including performance tests, defect exploration and verification, happy path and negative testing.
- Generate analysis of outstanding defect load and recommend new areas of testing and areas to prioritize for fixes
- Escalate quality concerns deemed unsolvable with given constraints.
- Support team members and identify potential improvements to the overall solution.
What We're Looking For
- Computer Science Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent exp
- 3+ YOE in software testing in a fast- paced environment with a proven track record of successful contributions to the release of high-quality products.
- 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance discipline
- Solid understanding of QA processes and test methodologies in a consistently iterative development.
- Experience in functional and usability testing across multiple platforms
- Experience working embedded in SDLC
- Passion for Gaming/Entertainment. You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Nice To Have Skills
- Formal training such as ISTQB certification
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Critical thinking and analytical skills for analyzing business, technical, and functional requirements
- Attention to detail to identify, record, and prioritize issues as they arise
Epic Job + Epic Benefits = Epic Life
This position is open in multiple locations across North America
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.