WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Engineering at Epic
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We are looking for an experienced Animation Systems Programmer for our MetaHuman team. You will be responsible for developing, enhancing, optimizing, and maintaining the core animation systems used for MetaHumans, and work closely with the animation team for the rest of Unreal Engine 5. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for a multitude of platforms.
In This Role You Will
- Architect, implement and maintain core animation systems used across MetaHuman products.
- Work closely with other engineers, animators, technical animators, product designers, leads and external technology partners across multiple teams and time zones.
- Write technical documentation and designs.
What We're Looking For
- Extensive experience writing C++ applications.
- Excellent linear algebra skills and applications of linear algebra in software.
- Experience with rigging systems, animation state machines, low-level animation systems, physics-based animation and/or IK systems.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and system tasks such as graphics, audio, I/O, networking, memory handling, debuggers, etc.
- Experience with application-level programming such as script compilers and user-facing tools.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.