WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is looking for artists to create marketing images in Unreal. The person in this role will incorporate a passion for games with their technical and artistic abilities to create engaging and exciting media. If you are someone who loves games and is familiar with artistic concepts such as composition, posing, and lighting then we’d like to talk with you!
The person in this role will be responsible for the following:
- Work closely with a team to compose still images in Unreal Engine 4 that show off key features, awesome characters, impressive visuals, or specific moments within a game through simple narrative
- Lighting still scenes at a cinematic level to convey a mood and push a narrative
- Coming up with concepts for marketing images that will show off limited time modes and new game features for Fortnite Creative mode
- Posing characters in Maya to convey simple narratives and show off cosmetics
- Learning and using the tools in Unreal Engine 4
- Touching up images in Adobe Photoshop
The ideal candidate will have a mix of the qualifications below:
- Strong grasp on concepts of composition, cinematography, color, posing and lighting in visual media
- Background in studio or production lighting
- Background in artistic mediums such as photography, painting, or illustration
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with Autodesk Maya is a plus
- Passion for games and creating video content
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Able to work independently and own a project from start to completion
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.