WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is looking for a Senior Data Analyst with a focus on collection, interpretation, visualization, and analysis of our data to join our growing team. The primary objective of the position is to turn complex data into visualizations that allow technical and non-technical customers to understand the data and draw actionable conclusions. In this role, you will take initiative, and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You'll directly contribute to improving the understanding of KPI and player behavior across all of Epic's products, including the Unreal Engine and all of our games.
- Working across marketing, publishing, and game teams, sharing KPI-driven reporting and insights
- Building a deep understanding of our products and becoming an expert on all analytics data collected
- Developing and maintaining standards for dashboards and reporting initiatives. This includes making sure data is visualized appropriately, creating consistent standards, and confirming that all data is accurate
- Working with data analysts to determine customer needs and visualize report outputs to clearly answer questions
- Supporting users of our self-service data pipeline to help them understand the data they are using and teach them appropriate methods to access and summarize the data
- Documenting requirements, developing, and delivering both written reports with analysis and charts on a dashboard
- Taking accountability for the quality of data reported by our products, and working with engineering and QA to consistently monitor and improve our data
- Perform statistical data analysis using data querying tools such as SQL and TSQL
- Perform analysis and valuation (ROI, CBA) for product improvement, data quality and usage metrics, and data integration
- Demonstrated skills in visualizing data, specifically utilizing Tableau
- Previous professional experience as a Business Intelligence or Statistical Data Analyst
- Passion for sharing data with others
- Overall desire to make things better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of both contemporary video games and analytics best practices
- Passion for the gaming industry
- Preference to applications with experience in SQL, Hive, Presto, Distributed Computing
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.