WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
We deliver the most innovative gaming experiences possible to players across the world. Whether through community outreach, world-class events, or partnership integrations, the Epic Games Publishing and Marketing teams seek to surprise players with new experiences every time they drop in to play.
What You'll Do
Epic Games Publishing (EGP) is looking for a Senior Data Analyst with a focus on collection, interpretation, visualization, and analysis of our data to help drive and support our decision making. The primary objective of the position is to transform complex data into a reporting structure that allows EGP stakeholders to understand the data and draw actionable conclusions. In this role, you will take initiative, and work autonomously in a fast-paced environment. You'll directly contribute to improving the understanding of game/developer performance, price elasticity, and platform strategies through your deliverables.
In this role, you will
- Working across marketing, publishing, and external partner teams, sharing KPI-driven reporting and insights
- Building a deep understanding of EGP projects and partners while becoming an expert on analytics data collected
- Developing and maintaining standards for dashboards and reporting initiatives. This includes making sure data is visualized appropriately, creating consistent standards, and confirming that all data is accurate
- Working with key EGP stakeholders to identify needs and report outputs to clearly answer questions and drive decisions
- Documenting requirements, developing, and delivering both written reports with analysis and charts on a dashboard
- Working with engineering and QA to consistently monitor and improve our data
- Perform statistical data analysis using data querying tools such as SQL and Spark
- Perform analysis and valuation (ROI, CBA) for product improvement, data quality and usage metrics, and data integration
What we're looking for
- Demonstrated skills in visualizing data, specifically utilizing Tableau
- Previous professional experience as a Business Intelligence or Statistical Data Analyst
- Passion for sharing data with others
- Overall desire to make things better
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of both contemporary video games and analytics best practices
- Passion for the gaming industry
- Experience in SQL, Hive, Presto, Spark, Distributed Computing, and Tableau Responsibilities
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.