WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Our Finance and Accounting teams build the financial infrastructure to scale our growing company. We combine analytical and strategic thinking to develop a sound financial future for our global brand. We work closely with teams across the company, international subsidiaries, as well as with external partners to ensure a world-class finance organization. Our team contains experts from fields like tax, treasury, purchasing, FP&A, and more.
What You'll Do
The FP&A team is responsible for managing the financial forecast. As part of that responsibility, the FP&A team will work closely with business units and functional teams to establish investment plans for both the near- and long-term. Additionally, you will support core FP&A activities for the company such as the quarterly forecast process. Together with business leaders and the broader Finance team, you will help determine business targets to meet our objectives and put in place systems to measure and report on performance. Through financial and industry analysis you will help prioritize investment plans, evaluate return on investment, and assess resourcing requirements to meet company goals. You will align financial goals across the organization and provide visibility and transparency to executives on financial performance, KPIs, and operating metrics.
- Support core corporate FP&A activities such as consolidation of planning submissions from business segments and forecasting of enterprise-wide overhead line items
- Prepare and maintain driver-based financial and operating models to support decision-making and long-term planning
- Assist the FP&A team’s partnership with business leaders to establish investment plans and prioritize resources
- Provide visibility to financial performance of the company through continuous and consistent reporting including key drivers of change in the financial forecast
- Create and update presentations used to communicate financial insights to the CFO and senior leaders
- Ensure accuracy in reporting through partnership with the financial systems and accounting teams
- Assist in rollout of Adaptive Insights forecasting tool by ensuring quarterly forecasts are loaded timely and accurately
- Assess cost structures and investments through internal and external benchmarking
- Leverage financial modeling to assess the opportunity and profitability of key business initiatives
- Identify short- and long-term financial and operating targets in partnership with business leaders
- Support organic and inorganic growth initiatives through financial modeling and industry analysis
- Support gaming-specific M&A diligence efforts and post-acquisition integration efforts
- Develop a network of industry contacts, collection of research resources to bring knowledge of market trends, benchmarks, and opportunities to bear on strategic decisions
Qualifications / Experience:
- 3-5 years of FP&A, investment banking, and/or private equity experience
- Prior experience in high-growth gaming, entertainment, or tech companies highly desired
- Experience collaborating with business unit executives and driving full P&L forecasting (including revenue and COS), initiative planning and execution in highly matrixed organizations
- Advanced Excel modeling skills
- Strong analytical skills with extensive valuation/financial modeling experience and working with large data sets
- Ability to distill complex analyses into insights that drive action
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence across the organization
- Ability to effectively build relationships with internal and external partners
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Workday and Adaptive Insights experience preferred
- CPA/MBA or other qualification preferred
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.