WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We're looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to work on the development of the Unreal Engine editor. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and be able to design and implement editor systems that will be integral to the development of the Unreal Engine editor. You will also work with artists and content creators to develop new user facing tools. You should have an endless list of ideas for improving the game development pipeline and adding exciting new features to the editor. You will make a direct impact on the productivity of others by developing user-facing tools for one of the leading game engines used by developers across the world.
In This Role You Will
- Design and implement low-level systems for the Unreal Engine editor
- Work with artists and designers to build content creation tools and workflows
- Analyze and fix common problems in a game engine such as load times, memory usage, and performance issues
- Fix bugs and improve the Unreal Engine code base
- Support external customers by answering their technical requests and questions
What We're Looking For
- Excellent C++ skills
- Strong knowledge of linear algebra
- Experience writing tools that improve the user experience of the consumer of the tool or that add some obvious value to game development or similar field
- Well versed in software engineering principles
- Experience writing UIs with a toolkit such as WPF, QT, Slate (UE4 UI system)
- Familiarity with an existing game engine with an understanding of game engine and editor concepts
- Familiarity with multiple platforms and/or Unreal Engine is a plus
- Experience developing in a large codebase; ideally experience designing and implementing a tool from the ground up
- Demonstrated ability to communicate fluently in English (written and verbal)
- Someone who is user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do
PLEASE NOTE: This position is open in multiple locations across North America including:
Los Angeles, CA
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.