WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
DESIGN AT EPIC
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic.
What you’ll do
Epic Games is looking for Senior Gameplay Designers to join our team working on Fortnite. In this role, you’ll work with a team of designers in order to create features and systems that delight players with fresh experiences. Gameplay Designers at Epic are a part of a cross-discipline development team that own the vision and drive to create innovative features and content which expand the Fortnite universe.
In this role, you will
- Help with the design, vision and outcome for major features or large areas of the game
- Collaborate with product management and marketing teams to ensure player satisfaction and overall game health
- Actively participate in big-picture decisions, and work with other designers to focus on the right elements to achieve superior results
- Drive collaborative and iterative prototyping, both paper-based and in-game.
- Attend playtests, provide feedback, and identify practical solutions to problems.
- Work closely with production to identify, prioritize, assign, and evaluate design work.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience shipping multiple titles as a game designer
- Experience designing game content for GaaS model.
- Passion for games with a wide breadth of game knowledge.
- Demonstrated talent for empathizing with players and a deep understanding of player motivations, forms of play, and the effects of goal setting on play.
- Strong interest in BR and multiplayer games with an understanding of what makes them work.
- Solution oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions.
- You’re user-focused, passionate, scrappy, solutions-focused, and innovative. These traits equal success at Epic and influence everything we do.
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.