WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games is on the lookout for smart, dynamic interns to join our dev teams. When you join Epic you'll join a team that's pushing the limits of gaming and interactive. From Unreal Engine and Fortnite, to TwinMotion and the Epic Games Store, you'll contribute to the unrelenting focus on innovation, quality and community that defines us.
Epic Games Unreal Engine team is looking for a smart, creative Gameplay Programmer Intern to join them for 2022. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
Joining this team means you’re motivated to seek solutions to problems and work with other developers to make positive changes to the Unreal Engine. The heart of this role is C++ programming and debugging Epic’s never-ending line of awesome creations, each with their own set of challenges.
- Improve and expand the feature set of existing Unreal Engine gameplay systems.
- Take ownership of the life development lifecycle of these changes from requirements gathering through to testing.
- Collaborate with programmers on your team and other Unreal Engine teams.
- Scope, plan and track your work against both team and project goals.
- Prototype and iterate on features and be willing to accept and respond to critical feedback.
- Optimize and fix bugs in existing Unreal Engine gameplay systems.
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the engine’s production and development.
- Write robust, maintainable code.
- Strong C++ knowledge
- Experience coding gameplay system features from start to finish
- Experience with the problems involved in making a client/server-based game
- Work/code samples from at least one project (indie, academic, hobby project, etc.)
- Exceptional communication skills and experience working within a team
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4, bonus for understanding how gameplay blueprints work
- Well versed in games and the ability to articulate what is strong/weak about existing games
This is a remote, paid internship for 2022 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic Internships, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 12 countries with 32 studios and 3,000+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.